Bloody Mary Chicken Wings Recipe
By Rick D.
Thank you to fan and grill-master Rick D. from Kentucky for sharing this finger-licking-delicious recipe with us. The savory, spicy flavor of a Bloody Mary drink is captured here in a dry rub and sauce. And like a good Bloody, you can adjust the spice level to your liking, from sharp to mild. Eat these chicken wings as an app or entrée, as you like. Rick likes to serve his with mac n cheese and mashed sweet potatoes, flavored with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Recipe Difficulty: Intermediate
Course: Appetizer, Entrée
Servings: 15 Large Wings
Prep Time: 4 hours
Grill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 5 hours
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
DRY RUB INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp. celery salt
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Weber® Kick ‘n Chicken® Seasoning (optional and spicy!)
- 1 ½ cups V8® Vegetable Juice or other Bloody Mary mix
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. Cholula® Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish (optional)
- In advance, brine the chicken wings. In a gallon freezer bag, add the wings with 1/3 cup brown sugar, ¼ cup kosher salt, and enough hot water to cover. Place in fridge and allow to brine for at least 4 hours.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl; set aside. Mix all Bloody Mary sauce ingredients together in another bowl; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Generously sprinkle wings with dry rub.
- Grill over direct heat for 30 minutes, turning often to ensure even grilling.
- Remove wings from grill, place in a foil or other grill-safe pan and cover them with sauce.
- Put the pan on the grill, cooking with the cover down for 30 more minutes, opening every 10 minutes to turn wings, ensuring they’re evenly coated. Hint: if your pan starts to look dry, mix a little beer in.
- Remove from grill and serve these Bloody Mary chicken wings with your favorite fixings.
If you’re loving the flavor of these wings, try our Grilled Bloody Mary Recipe too!