Grilled Bloody Mary
Make your summer brunch the stuff of legends by serving up Grilled Bloody Mary drinks. This savory favorite gains even more depth of flavor when you use grilled fresh tomatoes, celery and lemons. Then add that piece of grilled bacon to send the whole thing right over the top!
- 8 oz. vodka
- 2 lbs. red tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons, halved
- 8 medium celery stalks
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. freshly-grated horseradish
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Tabasco sauce, for serving
- Green olives, gherkin pickle, cherry tomatoes, bacon, for serving
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill tomatoes, lemons and four celery stalks for about 5-6 minutes, remove and set aside to cool. Grill remaining celery stalks about 1 minute, then set these aside for serving.
- In a food processor, add tomatoes, four fully-grilled celery stalks, juice of one lemon, Worcestershire, horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper, then blend until smooth. Strain the mixture, then add the remaining lemon juice, plus a little more salt and pepper to taste.
- For each serving, shake ½ cup of the Bloody Mary mixture with 2 oz. vodka, and then pour into a tall ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with Tabasco sauce, celery stalk, plus olives, pickles, cherry tomatoes and cooked bacon, as you like. For even more of that delicious smoky flavor, grill your garnish too!