Alcoholic Hot Chocolate with Bourbon
Topped with toasted marshmallows, this boozy hot chocolate recipe combines bourbon and hot chocolate to create the perfect winter weather cocktail.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 boiling water
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 tbsp. bourbon
- 4 large marshmallows
- Stir together cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a sauce pan then add boiling water. Mix until sugar has dissolved and there are no more lumps of cocoa powder.
- Set stove to medium heat and add in milk, stirring occasionally.
- Remove hot chocolate from heat and stir in vanilla and bourbon.
- While hot chocolate is cooling to desired drinking temperature, toast each marshmallow over a hot grill until golden brown.
- Evenly pour hot chocolate into 4 mugs and top each with a toasted marshmallow.