Grilled Blackberry Champagne
This recipe combines the richness of blackberry, the brightness of lemon and mint and the subtle sweetness of honey and brown sugar, grilled together to form a wonderful rustic jam. A dollop added to a crisp glass of champagne or prosecco creates a beautiful cocktail. Retain any leftover jam for topping ice cream, yogurt or grilled pound cake for an added level of dessert and breakfast deliciousness!
- 1 bottle dry champagne, chilled
- 6 oz. fresh blackberries
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- ½ tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine blackberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, mint, honey and brown sugar in a bowl; place mixture in foil packet and seal.
- Grill packet for 10 minutes; remove and allow to cool.
- To assemble, fill champagne glasses ¾ full of cold champagne, add a spoonful of blackberry mixture and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Serve and enjoy – cheers!