Grilled Chicken Wings
Get ready for the intensely delicious flavor of wings that have been brined, rubbed and grilled to perfection.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split into wings and drumettes
- ½ cup salt
- ¼ cuplight brown sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare the chicken wings by splitting into wings and drumettes, cutting the tips from the wings.
- To make the brine, in a large pan, combine the salt, brown sugar, white vinegar, pepper and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir until the salt and sugar dissolve. Let cool to room temperature, then pour over the chicken wings, marinating for 2-3 hours.
- To make the dry rub, in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain the brined wings, then in a large bowl, toss them with the dry rub.
- Grill the wings over medium-high heat until they are cooked through and crispy, about 15 to 25 minutes, turning throughout.
- Pop ‘em off the grill and serve.