Grilled Donut Burger
Sweet, meet savory. Savory, meet sweet. This National Donut Day, grill up this unexpected combination and taste this strangely amazing combination.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 large glazed donuts
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon
- Condiments to taste
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, garlic powder and bread crumbs well, then form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for about 4 minutes per side, or to desired temperature, placing cheese on each patty about 1 minute before cooking complete to let melt.
- Slice donuts and lightly grill each side, about 1 minute.
- Assemble the burgers, then top with two slices of cooked bacon, ketchup or other condiments to taste.