Grilled Zucchini Bruschetta Recipe
As a twist on traditional, this recipe replaces tomatoes with green veggies. We’ve used zucchini, growing in abundance in summer gardens now, and asparagus to add a little crunchy texture. Pair with a dollop of savory goat cheese for a quick grilled summer appetizer or snack.
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 oz goat cheese
- Fresh basil
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Brush zucchini slices and asparagus with mixture, then grill until softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Brush bread with remainder of mixture, then grill until grill marks appear; slice asparagus into pieces.
- Place bread slices on a grill-safe cookie sheet, topping with goat cheese, zucchini and asparagus.
- Grill with the lid closed about 2 minutes or until goat cheese just softened.
- Remove, top with fresh basil and enjoy!