Homemade Pomegranate Molasses Recipe
This pomegranate molasses recipe can be used a dressing, mixed with olive oil as a marinade, or shaken into cocktails for a refreshing drink. The possibilities are endless when you learn how to make this pomegranate molasses mixture!
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/3 to ½ cups sugar (for slightly thinner molasses use 1/3 cup, for thicker and sweeter sauce, use ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine pomegranate juice, desired amount of sugar and lemon juice in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until sauce begins to simmer. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and syrupy. At this point there should be about 1 – 1 ¼ cups of the molasses.
- Let cool for 25 minutes before use; molasses can be stored up to a month.
- To make a marinade, whisk desired amount into olive oil, or simply drizzle over meat or veggies and enjoy!