Grilled Citrus Swordfish Recipe
Swordfish is one of the meatiest fish available, with a texture like steak. In fact, they are sold exclusively as steaks, which makes them ideal for grilling. This cut won’t fall apart and can be tossed right on the grate, even at a higher temperature. The taste itself is very mild, so the seasoning can be kept simple. Bonus - even those who don’t particularly love seafood can appreciate this fish. When purchasing, buy it fresh, look for thick steaks and ensure there are red areas but no brown, which means it’s old. The skin can be taken off prior to grilling or left on until after grilling - but remember to remove it before eating!
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 swordfish steaks
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 oranges, juiced and zested
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix olive oil, orange and lemon juice and zest, garlic, thyme and ginger in a bowl. Add fish and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on the grate, about 5 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove and serve your grilled swordfish immediately. If desired, you can also grill a few extra orange or lemon slices for a beautiful plate when serving.
For a light and refreshing side dish perfect for serving with swordfish, try our Grilled Avocado Caprese Salad Recipe.