Grilled Sirloin Skillet Recipe
One perfect steak + a few simple ingredients + a skillet = the most amazing meal. We love how easy this is to cook as a beautiful weekend dinner or even a quick weekday meal that will satisfy.
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 sirloin steak, about 1” thick
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Fresh rosemary springs
- Cherry tomatoes, optional
- Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper, and then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Place cast iron skillet on grill and pre-heat to high.
- Add olive oil to pan, allowing to coat the bottom.
- Sear each side of the steak for about 2 minutes, reduce grill temperature to medium.
- Push the steak to one side of the pan, allowing to cook to preferred degree of doneness.
- As the steak finishes cooking, on the other side of the pan, add butter, rosemary sprigs, garlic and cherry tomatoes. As the butter melts, spoon the mixture over the steak as it finishes – enjoy!