Grilled Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Nothing is heartier and more satisfying on a cold day than a savory pot pie. Here we coat the chicken in herbs and grill on the grate, then combine with a few easy ingredients to form a creamy, delicious filling. A simple puff pastry sheet tops the dish before ‘baking’ on the grill.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 26 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups frozen vegetable of choice (peas, carrots, pearl onions, broccoli florets, etc.)
- 1 pack puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, oregano and sage. Grill chicken until fully cooked (internal temperature 170.) Remove and allow to cool, then slice into 1” chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, vegetables and chicken, and then pour mixture into large cast iron skillet.
- Cover the mixture with a sheet of puff pastry, scoring the top to form the lattice pattern and poking a few small holes to vent.
- Set grill for indirect grilling, placing skillet over the burner that is turned off. Grill-bake for 45 minutes with the lid closed.
- Carefully remove and serve!