Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Poppers
Alright, alright, alright. Fire up the grill for a little fire in your mouth. Winter grilling just got hotter with these spicy, delicious bites. Yeow.
- 15 medium jalapeno peppers
- 15 pieces of bacon (approximately 1 lb)
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Slice all jalapenos lengthwise from tip to stem, leaving the stem attached. Scrape the seeds and membrane out of the peppers.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses and seasonings.
- Carefully squeeze a jalapeno to open the sliced pocket, and add 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture. Repeat with each jalapeno.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Place poppers on the grill with opening down, grilling until the top begins to cook. Flip carefully and grill another 15 minutes, ensuring the bacon is cooked completely through.