NY Strip Steak & Mustard Beer Sauce
Kick your standard NY Strip Steak up a notch with a savory, delicious Mustard Beer Sauce made with two types of mustard and your favorite pilsner. Plus, the steak pairs amazingly with the same pilsner used in the sauce. So go on, turn on the tank and get your Dijon on.
- 12 oz. NY strip steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. thyme, optional
BEER MUSTARD INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup favorite pilsner beer
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- To make mustard beer sauce, caramelized olive oil and shallots in a small pot on the grill. Deglaze with pilsner and reduce in half. Add in both Dijon and grainy mustard, plus horseradish, and then remove from grill. Stir in butter and set aside for later.
- Rub NY strip steak with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Grill steak on high heat until temperature desired.
- Take steak off grill and top with beer mustard sauce.