Take your chicken dinner to the next level with this beer-infused recipe. Succulent, crispy chicken with fresh herbs baked on top of your favorite beer will have you reconsidering how you ever went this long without trying.
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed
- 1 can favorite beer, half full and flat
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare grill for indirect heat by turning half of grill burners onto medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine thyme, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Rub olive oil on whole chicken and sprinkle on herb mixture.
- Place chicken onto beer can in an upright position, with the open can in the chicken cavity.
- Place chicken onto cooler side of grill, keeping upright, and cook under a covered lid for about an hour. After an hour, check on chicken to see if completely cooked through. If your chicken needs more time, check every 15 minutes until done.
- Carefully place chicken, with can still attached, onto a pan. Let chicken rest about 15 minutes and then remove from can.
- Cut chicken for serving and enjoy!