Grilled meat paired with smoky peppers, onions, and melty provolone cheese work in perfect harmony for this classic tailgate meal. Serve them up at your next party and all your friends will be cheering for more.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lb. top round beef, cut into thin strips
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Turn grill onto high heat. Place large cast-iron griddle on grill and heat until very hot.
- In one bowl, combine top round beef with salt and pepper. Then in a separate bowl, combine peppers and onion with salt and pepper.
- Brush griddle with oil and add onion and peppers. Cook until softened and browned. Remove from griddle and set aside.
- Add more oil to griddle and spread out beef strips evenly. Cook until brown on bottom and then flip. Add vegetables back to griddle, stirring with beef until cooked through.
- Place a few slices of provolone cheese on top of beef and vegetables. Cook until cheese is melted.
- To serve, add remaining cheese slices to hoagie rolls and top with beef and vegetables. Enjoy!