Frequently Asked Questions
We hope we can answer your AmeriGas Propane Exchange Questions here. Below you will find the top questions asked by our customers.
Generic Questions About Our Tanks
• Temperature and size of your grill
• Energy requirement of your appliance
• Demand on the tank (higher settings, colder weather, etc.) A mid-sized grill under average use will typically last about 15 hours.
• NEVER store or place a propane cylinder indoors or in an enclosed area such as a basement, garage, shed, or tent.
• NEVER store or place a propane cylinder in an area of excessive heat (120 degrees or higher) or near a stove, fireplace, or other heat source. The heat builds up pressure inside the cylinder, which may cause the pressure relief valve to release propane. Flash fires or explosions can result from exposing cylinders to heat.
• NEVER store or place a spare cylinder under or near a barbecue grill.
• DO NOT smoke or have any ignition sources such as flames or spark producing electrical tools in the area while handling or transporting cylinders