Boozy Grilled Cinnamon Eggnog
Your holiday party will never be the same with this twist on the seasonal favorite, eggnog. Toasted cinnamon sticks add an extra smoky, spicy garnish that doubles as a handy-dandy drink stirrer!
Makes: 8 servings
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups rum or bourbon
- 9 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, mix together 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and egg yolks. Then place over low heat and allow to simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat once thickened and stir in remaining milk. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, strain mixture through a filter and pour into pitcher. Then add rum or bourbon.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Place 8 cinnamon sticks on grill and toast, remove before burning.
- To serve, add eggnog to a glass and top with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Then add toasted cinnamon stick. Enjoy!