Try this twist on traditional sliced watermelon to spruce up your favorite salad, serve it as a sweet summer side dish or eat it alone as a healthy dessert. The addition of honey creates the perfect combination of smoky and sweet – just make sure to have extra napkins on hand.
- 12 watermelon slices, seedless
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. honey
- Turn on grill to high heat.
- Sprinkle watermelon slices with sea salt. Then stand on edges and let drain for a half hour.
- After draining, rinse the slices under cold running water and wrap in a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Brush each side lightly with honey or olive oil, and place on grill.
- Grill until watermelon slices are softened or grill marks have formed, about 5 minutes.
- After removing from grill, sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.