Spicy Grilled Tofu Skewers
Okay, we know what you’re probably thinking… “Tofu on the grill, where’s the steak?” Don’t knock it ‘til you grill it though. This belly-pleasing, healthy, tasty dish may not convert you to the veggie side totally, but it will make even the carnivores say “Yum!”
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pearl onions
- 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced finely
- To make the marinade, combine the sriracha sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Cut the zucchini and pepper into 2” chunks, keep the mushrooms, onions and cherry tomatoes whole. Combine vegetables and tofu chunks, cover with the marinade and allow mixture to marinate 1 hour.
- Make the kabobs by adding a mix of veggies and tofu on each skewer. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them for 15 minutes prior!
- Heat grill to medium-high, and place the skewers on the grate. Grill for about 10-12 minutes, turning the skewers to cook evenly.
- Bonus – any extra marinade can be used as a dipping sauce, enjoy!