Grilled Spinach and Herb Lasagna
Break out the pan and serve up this family favorite on National Lasagna Day. Stacks of fresh spinach, tomatoes and herbs, plus cheese, cheese and more cheese will have the family raving for more.
Makes: 4 servings
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. each of fresh basil, oregano, thyme and parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- To prepare the cheese mixture, in a large bowl combine mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta, pinch of salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and mix lightly.
- Coat bottom of baking dish with olive oil and place first layer of lasagna noodles. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of water over noodles, and then add mozzarella mixture, tomatoes, spinach and a sprinkle of the herb mixture, reserving enough ingredients for each layer. Repeat layers until complete, finishing with noodles, 1 tbsp. of water and a drizzle of olive oil on the top.
- Turn grill on medium-high heat, using only one burner to leave room to bake lasagna over indirect heat. Place baking dish, cover and gill for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.