Grilled Spaghetti Squash`
This National Spaghetti Day, stop noodling around with noodles and reach for a spaghetti squash instead. This hearty, healthy dish grills up fast for a quick, low-carb dinner that tastes delicious.
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices grilled bacon
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the flesh of the squash and then season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place on grill cut side up, grilling for 30 minutes until squash flesh is soft. Then take the tines of a fork and drag across the flesh, loosening the ‘strands’ of the squash.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, sliced green onion and crumbled grilled bacon, to taste.