Grilled Pumpkin Salad
Give your greens some orange this National Pumpkin Day, and whip up a tasty butternut pumpkin salad. Top with tangy goat cheese, toasted walnuts and sweet dried cranberries drizzled in a honey-balsamic dressing for a full-flavored meal.
- 1 3-lb butternut pumpkin
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 3 cups arugula
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt, for tasting
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut butternut pumpkin in slices, removing the seeds and skin. Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place slices on grill, turning occasionally to avoid burning. Grill for about 15-20 minutes, or until a knife can cut into the butternut pumpkin with ease.
- Remove butternut pumpkin from grill and allow to cool, and then cut into cubes.
- Place walnuts into a cast iron pan and cook on grill until toasted, about 5 minutes. (Hint: store walnuts in an air-tight container if not using for a while.)
- To make salad dressing, combine honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- To serve, add arugula, cubed butternut pumpkin, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and goat cheese to a large serving bowl and top with the honey-balsamic dressing. Enjoy!