Grilled Peach, Raspberry and Bay Leaf Popsicles
This frozen paradise on a stick is the perfect refreshing snack for any hot summer day. With the delicious smoky flavor of grilled peaches, the sweetness of raspberries and a savory touch of bay leaves, your mouth will be watering for more.
Makes: 6 servings
BAY LEAF SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 4 bay leaves
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3 peaches; pitted and halved
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 lemon; juiced
- Olive oil
- To make the bay leaf syrup, add sugar, water and bay leaves in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to simmer on low until sugar dissolves. Once sugar dissolves, cover the pot and take of heat. Let sit for an hour and discard bay leaves.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush the pitted and halved peaches on each side with olive oil. Grill peaches cut side down, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Once peaches are cooled, add to a food processor with the raspberries, bay leaf syrup and lemon juice, blending until smooth.
- Pour into a popsicle mold. Freeze for one hour, then place popsicle sticks in the mold, and then freeze for another hour. Enjoy!