Grilled Oatmeal Muffin in Orange Peels
Zest up your breakfast with this healthy morning snack. Sweet and smoky oats baked in orange peels will make you glad you didn’t skip breakfast.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 oranges
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup yogurt, plain
- ¾ cup yogurt, vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. orange pulp
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Salt, to taste
- Cut oranges in half and scoop out insides, reserving two tbsp. for pulp.
- Place blueberries, oats, plain yogurt, eggs, baking soda and powder, honey, salt and 1 tbsp. orange pulp in a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine vanilla yogurt and 1 tbsp. orange pulp and mix together. Set aside for later.
- Fill 4 orange halves with oat mixture and place other half on top. Then, wrap each orange in foil.
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Place oranges on grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- After grilling, remove top half of orange and add yogurt sauce to top. Enjoy!