Serve up delicious Thanksgiving leftovers with your favorite fixin’s on National Leftover Day. Lightly grilled sandwich with a little smoke kiss will take your leftovers to the next level.
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 multi-grain bread slices
- 8 Cheddar cheese slices
- 12 oz. turkey slices
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- Assemble sandwich starting with a multi-grain or any hearty bread slice. Add 2 Cheddar cheese slices and top with 3 oz. turkey slices, ¼ cup of stuffing and mashed potatoes, and 2 tbsp. of cranberry sauce. Then add top bread slice. (Hint: add as much or little of each ingredient as desired.)
- Turn grill onto medium heat.
- Place sandwich on grill and cook until cheese begins to melt and bread becomes toasty. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Remove from grill and serve. Enjoy!