Grilled Lemonade Whiskey Sour
This Whiskey Sour Day, forget about the classic orange and cherry garnishes and spruce up your favorite cocktail with smoky, grilled lemon juice, a sweet rosemary-honey syrup, and of course your favorite whiskey.
Makes: 5 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 10 lemons
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups favorite whiskey
- 3 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- Sugar, for dipping
- Turn grill on medium-high heat.
- Cut 8 lemons in half and 2 lemons into slices. Dip in sugar and place on grill to caramelize, about 7-10 minutes. Once ready, squeeze juice from lemon halves, removing the pulp and seeds. Set the lemon slices aside for later.
- To make rosemary-honey syrup, add honey, water and rosemary sprigs to a saucepan. Simmer until honey dissolves and flavors combine.
- Place syrup and lemon juice in refrigerator to cool.
- Once cooled, add equal parts syrup mixture, lemon juice and your favorite whiskey over ice. Garnish with grilled lemon slices and rosemary sprig. Enjoy!