Chocolate-Covered Bacon Burger
Add a twist to your classic burger this National Chocolate Day. Sweet and savory chocolate-covered bacon over a perfectly juicy burger makes for a hauntingly-tasty dish.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 burger patties
- 4 burger buns
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- To make chocolate-covered bacon, cook bacon until crispy and set aside. Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in medium in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Dip cooked bacon into the melted chocolate and place on a cooling rack or pan lined with parchment paper. (Hint: for a faster process, you can purchase pre-made chocolate-covered bacon.)
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Place burger patties on grill and cook until desired temperature. Place buns on grill until toasted.
- To build burger, add lettuce, ketchup, mayonnaise and chocolate-covered bacon over burger patty and top with bun. Enjoy!