Savory and tangy, this traditional teriyaki marinade will leave you craving more with each bite. It’s perfect for marinating small bites of meat and vegetables for skewers, to grill on a hot grate. For a little extra flavor and texture, sprinkle extra green onion and sesame seeds on top of your grilled dish before serving.
Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Transfer marinade to a large resealable bag and add preferred protein; let marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove protein when marinated and grill until cooked.