Korean Bulgogi Marinade
This marinade is traditionally used to make Korean Bulgogi, which is marinated, thinly cut beef, quickly seared and served with steamed rice or lettuce. This tasty combo of ingredients can be used to create the traditional dish, or used to marinate other meats or thicker cuts, like the chunks on our kebabs. Here we’ve added extra green onions between pieces, and you can add sesame seeds when serving for a little extra texture.
Prep Time: 5 min
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sake
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- Optional – additional green onions and sesame seeds for serving
- Heat sesame oil over medium in a pan, then add in garlic and cook just slightly until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients aside from green onions, stirring gently to allow sugar to just dissolve.
- Stir in green onions, remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
- Add preferred meat or veggies to the mixture, and then marinate the desired length of time.
- Grill marinated food at appropriate temperature until desired level of doneness, top with additional green onions and sesame if desired, and enjoy!