Chocolate BBQ Sauce Marinade
Chocolate isn’t just for dessert any longer. This sweet, spicy and tangy marinade recipe taps into the flavors of chocolate, chipotle and balsamic to create layers of dreamy flavor. It sounds complex, but is really quite simple, with store-bought infused olive oil and balsamic options. A quick turn in the food processor, and your chocolate marinade is ready for ribs, chicken, steak and more.
- 1 cup chipotle olive oil
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate balsamic
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a food processor.
- Set aside half of the marinade to use later for basting.
- Place your favorite protein into a large plastic bag, add remaining marinade and refrigerate from 1 hour to overnight.
- Grill, basting occasionally with first half of marinade, and enjoy!