Grilled Kids Pizza Recipe
Get ready for great pizza and good times. Not only are grilled personal pizzas delicious, they’re also super easy to make, so even your little grillers can get in on the fun. For even more smiles, add a contest into the mix and see who’s best at decorating their pizza - complete with a printable lil'griller's award at the end of the recipe. All you need are a few easy ingredients and lots of imagination.
You’ll need a ball of fresh pizza dough for these delicious little pizza pies. Any pizza dough recipe will do if you’d like to make it from scratch, or you can purchase fresh refrigerated dough from most supermarkets.
Any pizza toppings your kids like can be used for their personal creations. The more options, the more creative combinations possible… and the more likely your kids might end up eating some veggies, too. Prepare all toppings and set them out on a table or counter, so they are readily available for decorating.
- Pizza sauce
- Green or black olives, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Bell pepper pieces
- Spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pineapple pieces
- Ham cubes
- Bacon crumbles
GRILLING YOUR PIZZA
1. Heat the grill to medium-high.
2. Roll out your dough into personal pizza size rounds – and don’t worry, they don’t need to be perfect.
3. Lightly brush both sides of the dough with olive oil.
4. Place pizza dough rounds gently on the grill grate, grilling 2-3 minutes.
5. Flip pizza dough rounds onto a tray, so the already-grilled side faces up.
6. Decorate your pizzas!
7. Place decorated pizzas back onto the grill for about 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Remove carefully, admire and enjoy!
LIL’ GRILLIN’ AWARD
Reward your lil’ griller’s creativity with this printable award!