Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho Recipe
This Hot 'N Healthy recipe is also Cool' N Refreshing, perfect for those hot summer nights. This chill soup is easy to make, chock full of healthy vegetables and overloaded with flavor.
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 bell peppers, quartered
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Brush garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, onion and corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, until charred.
- Remove peels from garlic cloves, cut corn kernels from cob, and place in a large bowl. Add peppers, zucchini, onion, cumin, crushed red pepper, tomato juice, orange juice, lemon juice and red wine vinegar and mix together.
- Puree the mix in a food processor in batches, pour into a large serving bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Serve cold and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!