Grilled Asian Steak & Vegetable Kabobs
They say you are what you eat, so this summer you can be a lean, mean, grilling machine! No bread here, just tasty lean meats and delicious fresh veggies. Get grilling to get fit!
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 2 zucchini
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3” piece of fresh ginger, minced
- To make the marinade, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Cut the steak into 2” cubes and add to the bowl, ensuring the pieces are covered with marinade. Cover and let marinate 1 to 24 hours before cooking.
- Cut the zucchini, pepper and onion into 2” chunks, keep the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes whole. Toss them all in olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make the kabobs by adding a mix of veggies and steak on each skewer. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them for 15 minutes prior!
- Heat grill to medium, and place the skewers on the grate. Grill for about 10-12 minutes, turning the skewers to cook evenly.
- Remove and enjoy!