Red, White & Blue Cheeseburger
Celebrate America with our Red, White & Blue Cheese Burger. Mix up our variation of a ground beef burger patty or use your favorite recipe variation. Then pile on the patriotism in the form of red tomato and lettuce, white onions and savory blue cheese.
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 red tomato sliced
- 4 pieces red leaf lettuce
- 1 white onion sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, garlic powder and bread crumbs well, then form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for about 4 minutes per side, or to desired temperature, placing blue cheese on each patty about 1 minute before cooking is complete to let melt.
- Toast buns on grate while the cheese is melting.
- Assemble the burgers onto the buns, then top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Hint: breaded and fried onion slices are also excellent as a topper!