Grilled Oysters with Herb Butter Recipe
With so many grilled oyster toppings to choose from, it can be hard to pick. Make the decision easy with this delicious herb butter grilled oyster recipe. It's simple and tasty!
- 1 dozen fresh oysters in the shell
- 8 oz. butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, mined
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine butter, herbs, garlic and salt, mixing well to ensure all ingredients blended. Set aside, or if not using immediately, refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Shuck the oysters with a shucking knife, using a shucking glove or other type of hand protection. Take care to keep the liquid inside intact, as it adds to the flavor of the oyster.
- Place oysters cup-side down on the grate, grilling for about 1 minute or when oysters begin to sizzle. At this point, add about a tablespoon of herb butter to each oyster.
- Cover the grill and let cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove oysters carefully with tongs, placing onto a larger platter – enjoy!