Homemade Stuffing Balls
Looking for a twist on stuffing this Thanksgiving? Deep fried stuffing balls are an easy and delicious way to enjoy this Turkey day classics.
Remember when frying to always lower your foods gently into the oil to avoid splashing, fry in batches to ensure the oil stays at the proper temperature and follow all propane-powered fryer safety precautions.
- 2 cups stuffing
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Let stuffing chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove stuffing and roll into ¼ cup balls. Chill an additional 30 minutes.
- Place flour, breadcrumbs and egg into three separate bowls; beat the egg.
- Roll all stuffing balls in flour, dredge in egg and roll again in bread crumbs.
- Fry stuffing balls in two batches at 350 for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a large spider strainer to carefully remove balls from the hot oil, let drain over a paper towel and serve.