Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
When you think salad, you don't think grilling... or do you? AmeriGas Propane Exchange wants to show you that grilling salads can make for a great summertime meal!
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets (if desired)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 4 half-inch slices of French bread
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup fresh parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- Puree garlic cloves with olive oil, lemon juice and anchovies (if desired) until smooth to create dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly coat chicken with dressing and grill on medium high heat until cooked thoroughly. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Brush romaine hearts with dressing and grill until grill marks appear then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Toast bread on grill until grill marks appear then cut into small cubes.
- Mix chicken, bread, romaine and parmesan in a large salad bowl and top with remaining dressing.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and enjoy!