Grilled Veggie & Cheese Frittata Recipe
A frittata on the grill makes a beautiful meal that’s perfect for a weekend brunch. This recipe calls for Gruyere cheese and fresh spinach, but feel free to experiment with different combinations of cheese, veggies and herbs. It’s hard to go wrong with this easy dish, especially when grilling for a crowd!
Makes: 1 frittata
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Fold in oregano, thyme and cheese.
- Place the cast iron skillet on a medium-high grill.
- Add olive oil and spinach to the skillet, stirring until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to the skillet, stirring gently to evenly distribute spinach.
- Cover and grill for about 5-6 minutes, checking every couple minutes to ensure it’s not burning. Hint: If it looks like the top is burning before the eggs are set, gently lay a piece of foil over the top.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from grill, serve and enjoy!