Yakitori Chicken Skewers
Craving something sweet, salty and oh-so-easy to make? Try these flavorful skewers, grilled to perfection in 8 minutes or less.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp.fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- If using wood or bamboo skewers, soak for 1 hour in advance of grilling.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, mirin, garlic, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 5 minutes. Allow sauce to cool.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and thread onto skewers. Brush the sauce over the chicken skewers.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and place the skewers on the grate. Grill for 6-8 minutes, basting with sauce throughout and ensuring chicken is cooked through.
- Remove, top with a sprinkle of scallions and serve.