Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pepper Bites
Winter grilling is heating up folks! Fire up the tank and make these cheesy, bacony, grillicious peppers before you can say, “Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.” Yeah, that fast. Go on, get out there, grill, and then get back inside!
- 3 red, orange or yellow peppers (try one of each!)
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cut the peppers into quarters, cleaning off and discarding the seeds and stems.
- In a bowl, blend the blue cheese crumbles, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and bacon together.
- Grill the peppers, covered, over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until just a bit charred.
- Take the peppers off the grill and fill each with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Place back on the grill for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Get out of the cold and get those peppers in your belly!