Grilled Corn Chips with Grilled Tomatillo Guac
This National Corn Chip Day, break out of your normal chip-and-dip routine and create something a little fancy. This fun, fast recipe is the perfect snack or appetizer.
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 soft corn tortilla
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp. chile powder
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tomatillos
- 3 avocados, peeled and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Slice the tomatillos in half, brush with olive oil, and place on the grill cut-side down. Grill for 3-4 minutes, remove and chop into pieces.
- Place tomatillo pieces in a bowl, along with the avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, cumin, 2 tsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until combined, but keep chunky consistency.
- Brush the corn tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with chile powder, then use a knife to slice them into triangles. Grill the triangles for about 90 seconds, then remove and serve with guac.