Grilled Buffalo Chicken
By Graeme M.
This cheesy, bacony, buffalo saucy chicken is exactly what we want in our bellies. Try the recipe out at home, your taste buds will thank you.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheese, like mozzarella
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup buffalo sauce marinade, plus extra for basting
- Butterfly each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through, as this will form a pocket later. Lay each breast on a flat surface, cover with plastic wrap, and hit with a tenderizing meat hammer.
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag with about a cup of buffalo sauce, coating well, and allow to marinate for 12 hours.
- Once marinated, lay the chicken breasts on a cookie sheet, and stuff the pockets with the cheese.
- Carefully close the chicken breasts, wrapping with bacon, and stick a long toothpick through to keep them sealed.
- Grill or smoke on low, basting with the extra buffalo sauce, until the internal temperature has reached 175 degrees and the bacon is crispy. Graeme smokes his using cherry wood at 225 degrees for about four hours – “low and slow are the way to go.”
- Remove carefully and serve up that deliciousness!