Stout-Glazed Ham-On-Beef Burger
Satisfied your taste buds and grill up a plate of Stout-Glazed burgers. Double the meat by adding smoky ham and pair with sweet honey, tangy mustard and your favorite stout beer for a delicious meal.
Makes: 6 servings
HAM-ON-BEEF BURGER INGREDIENTS
- 3 lbs. ground beef, fresh
- 6 burger buns
- 12 slices ham, sliced thinly
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, aged
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. favorite stout beer
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- To make glaze, combine stout beer, honey and brown sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and allow to simmer until glaze reduces to about half. Remove from burner and set aside for later.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add mushrooms and cook until slightly tender. Remove once cooked.
- Form ground beef into six patties. Season as desired.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Place beef patties on grill and cook until desired temperature. Brush each patty with a generous portion of the Stout-Glaze, then add one slice of Swiss cheese to each patty and melt.
- Add second slice of cheese to each toasted bottom bun. Then add ham slices to grill and cook until slightly charred.
- To assemble burgers, add Dijon mustard and mayonnaise to buns and top with burger patty, ham and mushrooms. Enjoy!