Porter & Honey Chicken Skewers
You’ll never go back to your standard chicken skewers after you’ve tried this delicious take. Pair your favorite malty porter with smoky and sweet chicken for any easy dinner any day of the week.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 4 oz. favorite porter
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, optional for serving
- To make marinade for chicken, mix together your favorite porter, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, garlic and pepper until combined.
- Cut chicken thighs into cubs and place in marinade bowl or zippered bag to marinate overnight.
- Once marinated, place chicken through skewers and set aside the reserve marinade.
- In a medium pot, add olive oil and shallots over medium-high heat. Once shallots have softened, add in reserved marinade and boil until it reduces.
- Turn grill on to medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken skewers with glaze and add to grill. Turn every 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!