Grilled Beer-Candied Bacon Recipe
Bacon + beer + brown sugar = what could be yummier? This recipe uses only a few ingredients - including your favorite beer - to turn regular bacon into something very special. We like a dark stout or porter here, but any beer will work, and extra seasonings or toppings can also be used to add an extra-flavor twist!
- 1 lb. thick-cut smoked bacon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup dark beer
- Sea salt, chopped nuts, cayenne pepper or other seasoning (optional)
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling.
- Mix sugar and beer together, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Brush each slice of bacon, on both sides, with the mixture.
- Grill on indirect heat for 10 minutes.
- Brush both sides again with the beer mixture, grilling on indirect another 10 minutes. Repeat this step another 2-3 times, until syrup is used up and bacon is fully cooked.
- Before grilling the last time, you can also add a little salt or cayenne for extra flavor, or even chopped nuts for an extra-crunchy texture.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes to allow bacon to cool and harden, then serve!