Chicken Beer-Cheese Quesadilla
Crack open your favorite Mexican pilsner beer for this simple and delicious take on a quesadilla. Smoky, grilled chicken topped with spicy beer-cheese between two crispy tortillas make for a perfect meal.
- 2 lbs. chicken, boneless and skinless
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can green chilies, drained and diced
- Adobo seasoning, to taste
- 4 oz. favorite Mexican pilsner beer, flat
- 1 tbsp. tomato based steak sauce
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 onion, minced and juiced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/3 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 lb. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- To make beer-cheese, add flat beer, onion, garlic, tomato based steak sauce and mayonnaise in a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Then begin to add cheddar and pepper jack cheese to food processor or blender until smooth. If needed, add in additional beer to help with spreadable consistency. Set aside for later.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Marinade chicken in adobo seasoning for about 20 minutes. Then place on oiled grill grate and cook until chicken is completely cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and dice chicken.
- Place one tortilla on a cast iron griddle or pan over grill, and add beer-cheese, chicken, green chilies and onion. Then add another tortilla on top.
- Grill quesadilla until crispy and brown on both sides.
- Remove from grill and cut into wedges for serving. Enjoy!