Grilled Mozzarella & Eggplant Wraps Recipe
Have an excess of eggplant from the garden this year? We’ve got just the thing. These easy, savory rollups are stuffed with soft cheeses and fresh herbs, perfect for a summer appetizer or main dish. We love serving ours with slices of fresh red tomatoes or a little marinara sauce, but they’re just as delicious plain.
- 1 large eggplants, cut into ¼” slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 2 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped herbs like basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Fresh tomato or marinara sauce for serving (optional)
- Salt eggplant slices and allow to drain over a colander for about 15 minutes; pat dry.
- Brush slices with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, grill eggplant slices about 3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Mix together goat, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses with herbs and lemon zest.
- Divide the mixture between the eggplant slices, rolling each up, and securing with a toothpick if needed.
- Place rollups in a large grill-safe skillet or over foil, and then place on grill for about 5-7 minutes, or until cheese mixture begins to melt.