Beer & Cheese Bread Bowl Fondue
What’s the one thing that could make cheese and beer fondue better? Your grill. This recipe is easy to make, yet guaranteed to impress your whole party.
- 1 large round loaf of bread
- 1/3 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 lb. Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 lb. Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of your favorite lager
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Dipping items like bread chunks, grilled veggies, grilled meats, etc.
- Prep fondue bread bowl by cutting a circle on top of the loaf and scooping out the middle, leaving about ½ inch thick wall. Set aside left over bread from inside the loaf and cut into chunks for dipping.
- Mix together grated cheeses, softened cream cheese, beer, garlic, salt and pepper then pour into bread bowl.
- Wrap bread bowl in 2-3 layers of loose tin foil and place on grill set to medium heat. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted enough.
- Unwrap bread bowl, serve with bread chunks and enjoy!
- Looking for an even more even more delicious cheese-covered snack? Try dipping bacon-wrapped potato wedges!