Add some heat to your tailgate with this spicy, grilled-up version of everyone’s favorite dip. Smoky tomatoes and onions combined with spicy jalapenos and fresh cilantro will have you coming back for more during halftime.
- 6 plum tomatoes, cored
- 1 onion
- 3 jalapenos
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Place whole tomatoes, onion and jalapenos on grill, and turn frequently until lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and let cool.
- Add cooled tomatoes, onions and jalapenos to blender along with garlic cloves, cilantro and lime juice. Purée until almost smooth. Then add kosher salt, to taste.
- Add a few fresh cilantro leaves to mixture and serve. Enjoy!