Pico de Gallo Recipe with Corn
The more things you can dip your chips into at a tailgate, the better. This corn pico de gallo recipe will give you a break from the heavy cheesy stuff. Trust us, your crew will thank you.
- 2 ears of sweet corn, cleaned and shucked
- ¾ cup crumble cotija cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Grill corn on low heat, turning occasionally, until kernels are tender. If you prefer char on your corn, turn the heat up after cooked until charred. Remove from grill and let cool.
- Once corn is cool enough to touch, cut the kernels off the cob and place into a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, mix in cotija cheese, onion, cilantro, garlic, sea salt, lime juice and olive oil. Keep mixing until all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!